This 38-hour course explores the basic fundamentals of selling from a Canadian perspective. This course explores the foundation for understanding the selling process including leadership and management, business communications strategies, negotiating skills, digital marketing principles, corporate sales strategies, and account management strategies. This course also explores state-of-the-art management and sales strategies, practices, and techniques that are presented in a “how-to” fashion. This course integrates technology and social media in selling, real-world examples of sales management professionals with Industry Perspectives, sales and management applications, exercises, role-plays, and cases.
60010 (Corporate Sales Managers)
Leadership and Management [ 5 hours]
- Explain what leadership is and on what bases of power leaders influence others.
- Describe the early trait and behavioural theories of leadership and their limitations.
- Explain how contingency models of leadership enhance our understanding of effective leadership and management in organizations.
- Compare and contrast visionary leadership.
- Explain how gender, culture, and emotional intelligence affect leadership effectiveness.
Business Communications Strategies [ 5 hours]
- Discuss the salesperson’s communication process.
- Define and demonstrate the importance of recognizing and using nonverbal communication when selling.
- Discuss how appearance and handshaking can enhance communication.
- Recognize potential barriers to communication.
- Recognize the importance of empathy and listening to communication.
Negotiating Skills and Strategies [ 5 hours]
- Explain why you should welcome a prospect’s objections.
- Describe what to do when objections arise.
- Discuss objections and the sales process.
- Explain six major categories of objections.
- List techniques for meeting objections.
- Describe what to do after meeting an objection.
- Understand how to deal with difficult customers.
- Explain the process of negotiating with a win–win outcome.
Digital Marketing Principles [ 5 hours]
- Explain the unique online approaches used in marketing communications.
- Describe social media marketing
- Outline the main social networks and tools used in social media marketing
- Summarize the best practices associated with the creation and monitoring of social media programs
- Explain mobile marketing and its approaches
- Describe the tools involved in mobile marketing
- List the best practices and regulations that guide mobile marketing
Corporate Sales Strategies [ 9 hours]
- Identify the distinguishing characteristics of industrial, reseller, government, and non-profit markets and how they are measured
- Describe the importance of content marketing to business-to-business (B2B) marketers
- Explain which key characteristics of organizational buying make the process different from consumer buying
- Describe how buying centers and buying situations influence organizational purchasing
- Outline the process of business segmentation
- Explain the growing importance of the approaches to online buying for industrial, reseller, and government markets
Account Management Strategies [ 9 hours]
- Define and describe the 10 steps the sales process
- Defend the importance of prospecting
- Demonstrate how to properly qualify a prospect
- Explain the importance of sales call planning.
- List the four planning steps in order and understand them.
- Develop an approach strategy that will make a good first impression and provide examples of approaches
- Develop an effective rapport
- Identify and discuss the importance of different types of questioning
- Discuss the purpose and essential steps of the sales presentation
- Explain how to handle discussion of the competition
- Explain when to close.
- Explain why you must prepare to close more than once.
- Discuss the 12 keys to a successful close.
- Understand the importance of customer satisfaction, retention, and engagement.
- State why service and follow-up are important to increasing sales.
- List the eight steps involved in increasing sales to your customer.
Attend 90% of all scheduled online module sessions, complete a case study project. Each successful participant will be issued a Heritage Community College Certificate of Completion